Sui generis
As I begin this first entry, I realise that I should be writing my paper on Kant and the Four-Step Categorical Imperative, but rather I am taking as the maxim of my action the submission to the bombardment of its hypothetical counterpart--the conditional end of which is the creation of this blog--which impels me to direct my will towards typing this message rather than diving headlong into the carefully laid arguments of Christine Korsgaard. Of course, as a fledgling Kantian, my submission to akrasia à la Bovens is a sad development; indeed, as I reflect further, it is likely that my aversion to real work is such that I would likely skip out on my meeting of Akratics Anonymous.
Perhaps owing to this aspect of my nature, this blog has been on hold for a long time. Initially the idea came about during a conversation with Federico--likely hinging on my infamous letter to Mr. Murga or the dividing line between 'political' and 'economic' liberties--when we decided that we should have a joint blog wherein we would set free unto the world the contents of our deepest introspection. Upon further reflection, however, as I began thinking about the creation of this site, the paucity of actual innovation in my ideas became a nagging concern, and so it was scrapped. Federico has since gone off his rocker in his quixotic and hillarious struggle to pass off his swing to the extreme right as the adoption on my part of the tenets of Marxism-Leninism, so, at least for now the idea is on hold. Of course we could have some Crossfire-esque structure ("Signing off, I'm Julio Canzone" from the left...and I'm Fedward Hyde from the right") but that would devolve, like most of our debates, into a post-Downsian struggle for the centre. Perhaps in the future we can get Fedward and OklahoMatt to get on-board, once their spat over chess has run its course...I can only imagine what a waste of bandwith that would be. So, for the time being I present to you, the blog-reading public, yet another account of the deep thoughts and pointless intellectual musings of yet another egocentric internaut. Sui generis indeed!
Perhaps owing to this aspect of my nature, this blog has been on hold for a long time. Initially the idea came about during a conversation with Federico--likely hinging on my infamous letter to Mr. Murga or the dividing line between 'political' and 'economic' liberties--when we decided that we should have a joint blog wherein we would set free unto the world the contents of our deepest introspection. Upon further reflection, however, as I began thinking about the creation of this site, the paucity of actual innovation in my ideas became a nagging concern, and so it was scrapped. Federico has since gone off his rocker in his quixotic and hillarious struggle to pass off his swing to the extreme right as the adoption on my part of the tenets of Marxism-Leninism, so, at least for now the idea is on hold. Of course we could have some Crossfire-esque structure ("Signing off, I'm Julio Canzone" from the left...and I'm Fedward Hyde from the right") but that would devolve, like most of our debates, into a post-Downsian struggle for the centre. Perhaps in the future we can get Fedward and OklahoMatt to get on-board, once their spat over chess has run its course...I can only imagine what a waste of bandwith that would be. So, for the time being I present to you, the blog-reading public, yet another account of the deep thoughts and pointless intellectual musings of yet another egocentric internaut. Sui generis indeed!

2 Comments:
I am Fedward Hyde. Yet again, OxfordThom leads the way huh..beware for MY blog. A seminal idea was born today.
Here I am! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home